How our courses will benefit you
If you have done a Dawn Garisch or LRC life writing course, you are eligible to join the LRC and we would be delighted to have you join our life righting movement. The benefits to you include:
- Becoming part of a vibrant community of writers who meet monthly in various places across the country
- Having an opportunity to submit your life writing to an annual LRC anthology and our website’s Writing section
- Accessing an online space to share information and new publications you come across, with other members: the website will also provide information on where you can submit your work
- Receiving notifications about other life writing events via our quarterly newsletter and occasional additional mailings
- Qualifying for a 20% discount on further courses if you are a paying participant
- Attending an Annual General Party where we will celebrate our writing lives (and possibly make some decisions for the future of the LRC).
How you can benefit the LRC
In addition, we at the LRC would be delighted to benefit from you:
- Offering your services to edit, proofread, assist with marketing (paid or voluntary) and manage fundraising events when these skills are needed
- Donating financially to help us sponsor individuals who can otherwise not afford the course fees: your donation can also help to fund copies of the anthology for donation to schools and libraries in under-resourced areas.
We will sign you up as a member after your course unless you choose not to. Please write to us if you would prefer not to be a member of the LRC.